The main benefits of RPNM are that it:
- Captures the majority and most significant instruments and actors in the development of specific policies.
- Aggregates and compares actors and instruments by policy domain.
- Provides a robust platform of data as a baseline for reference or further research or action e.g. multi-modal network analysis, policy networks etc.
- Provides a web based tool for dynamic collaboration.
- Is a means of understanding and visualising complex policy systems and identifies where changes can be driven through the system.
- Can be developed at a reasonably low cost and deployed rapidly.
- Helps understand who does what and where, who is over and under represented in policy debates.